Having a low income is not a sentence to living a sad life. You can be happy and no one would know how low your pay check is. However, living a happy life comes with you allowing yourself to be happy no matter how everything is not ok 🙂
As the name of this blog implies, I am here to help you make meaning with little and help you see the opportunity for the big ones.
Being sad about your low income not only makes you unhappy but blinds you from seeing greater days and opportunity. Life is all about making the most of what you have and this post is going to help you out on that.
The Things Money can’t Buy
Money can’t buy you happinessI also don’t know who said it 😉
I truly don’t know who said it LOL but it is very true. Happiness comes from within, from the things that can’t be touched. From the things money can’t buy. So if you are not happy with less today even when you are having much you won’t be happy. Because the truth about money is this, it comes to pay bills not to be a friend you can cry to.
The only way you could be happy is by being thankful for that which you have. Because there are a lot of things money can’t buy and first on the list is
- True Friends
- Faithful partners
- Sound mind
How to be Happy
Here is how you can be happy with a low income. These are things you can start putting into practice right away
- Live according to your means. Spend according to your income, make a budget and plan. In this two articles How I live a debt free life and 5 easy ways to live a debt free life, I talked about a lot of practices I adopted which got me out of debt and kept me debt free.
- Change your perspective about money. Learn how to spend it or you will end up wasting it.
- Plan for better days a head. I mean if you don’t plan or see a better future for yourself then you can’t be happy.
- There is this joy I get when I keep money away no matter how little. It gives me a little sense of relief because I kinda have a backup. Why don’t you give it a try?
This is why you Should be Happy with your Low Income
- At least you got an income, it might not pay every bill but it gets to pay some. Can you Imagine not having an income at all ? That’s terrifying.
- You get to grow your income. See you can only grow when you have something. You could save read THIS and know how to save money , you could start a small business and make small investment.
- A lot of people which the have your job and could earn a little something. Try quitting and in the next hour that vacancy becomes an answered prayer to another.
- In light of growing, your small job boost your resume for a bigger job which in turn means a better pay check.
In the end of it all I just want you to see is that your income( financial level) is better than a lot out there. However it is a good thing you are not comfortable with it which means you want a better life.