This post may contain affiliate links.We may earn little commission or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Are you struggle with gaining more weight the moment you decided to get a break from your weight loss program? or you are considering loosing weight for healthy living. Well here are three things you could do before you start and will help you after you stop.
Weight loss can be a piece of cake to some and to some a high mountain to climb. Which ever way you need to make certain commitments. Some of the best commitments you make are not during the weight loss journey but before you start. They are as important as loosing weight itself, if you miss it out you never might see progress.
start your weight loss journey once these 3 things are checked
1.What is the cause of your weight gain? Lets get this straight too much food is not the only cause of weight gain. There are a lot of reasons but we will discuss the few you can relate to. I am not a doctor so these are not health advice rather things you could see a doctor for.
- you are gaining weight probably because you are having poor sleep. We know that there is a healthy amount of sleep we are suppose to have. Well if you are not getting yours, it could be a reason
- Are you a secret eater? Only you can tell yourself the truth ’cause no one is watching you. Stop that habit of waking up to a heavy midnight snack
- Being a big eater is not bad but when you are eating the wrong things big it is bad. The worst part of it is if you are not admitting to it.
- There are some eating habits that are not healthy, like going to bed immediately after a meal. You might have to watch that.
- skipping meals can lead you to eating too much food at a time. No matter how little make sure you take your three square meals.
- Is the way you eat attached to an emotion? Like am a happy eater. When I am happy, mostly when something great just happened my way of celebration is food. This means even when I just had a meal and something got me excited, I’ll eat more food.
- A person who finds comfort in drug and a person who finds comfort in food are on the same page. The only difference is, you are addicted to different kinds of substance and both could kill you.
- This will shock you, but you are probably on the wrong diet. Because it worked for Gina doesn’t mean it will work for Lucy. I will talk more about this soon.
2. Watch and Maintain: I love climbing the scale even when I know I will be disappointed with the numbers. The simple reason is to observe, watch and maintain. I hope, you understand how important this stage it. I will try my best to explain it. Simple but important reason why you should watch and maintain:
Since you are not on a diet it means your current meal plan is flexible. You could be having a chocolate cake right now or a pizza.
The next week you could decide to make that nice salad you fell in love with at a friends house. Instead of pancakes for breakfast your taste bud kept saying I want some fruits.
In the week you lost some weight no matter how little you can’t tell because you were not watching therefore it becomes a little bit difficult to maintain.
When you frequently check, you can tell when you’ve added some weight or you’ve dropped a little. At this time you can figure out what you had the past few days. You either keep up with it if your weight went down or you change and watch it if it added to your weight.
You can tell yourself it’s definitely the ice cream, I ate too much of it this week. Once or twice a week will be perfect.
Or you can say wow this salad taste great and I feel light the pass few day. It will fit perfectly in my meal plans.
Therefore before you start loosing weight try watching and maintaining, I know you just want to go ahead and start but why in a hurry? It’s all part of the journey which will give you a better result.
Last and least choose a diet that will work for you in your weight loss journey
Did you know, there are diets that could allow you have some of your favorite meal? Well now you know. It could consist of the type of vegetable, fruits and meat you love. Choosing a diet because it’s trending will definitely be a bad idea. Because it worked for your best friend doesn’t mean it will work for you.
If you love comfort like I do then you should probably go for a diet you could keep up with for a long while that it could actually blend into your eating style.
This is where the pieces of the puzzle come together. By the time you know the reason(s) behind your weight gain, you try watch and maintaining if you could and choose a perfect diet then you are on the right track.
Take finding a diet that will work for you very serious. This will help you not to start gaining weight the moment you give yourself a little break. The reason is because you are enjoying it.
Your diet won’t feel like a twelve weeks medication you need to take for your fat issues but rather an energy boost you enjoy taking everyday. Therefore eating your meals become enjoyable and normal, that you don’t notice the difference.
You will start loosing weight even before you start the main thing just by observing the first two things. Yes even before you start going to the gym three times a week or abiding strictly to a diet.
Let me give you a brief summary of all the things I wrote
- Firstly get to the root of your weight gain, it might not be food alone.
- Try watching and maintaining it could be your secret to weight loss before a proper program
- Lastly do a diet that will work well for you. So what if it’s trending, it could be wrong for you.
Drop a question or share with us how you loss weight doing some easy things no one would think to do.