This post may contain affiliate links.We may earn little commission or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Monetizing your blog is necessary from the moment you start writing contents on it. Especially if you started blogging as a side hustle due to the amazing posts you read of bloggers alike making passive income from it.
You are on the right track, however you need to know how to go about it or else you might start feeling like it is a waste of your time and resources.
When I started, though I never saw it as a waste of time but it was a slow start. I don’t want you to have a slow start like I did so this step by step guide is here to help you out. Stay tuned!
First step to monetizing your blog
Is to understand what monetizing your blog is all about. And how there are a lot of ways to make money blogging. Like I know affiliate marketing is talk of the town however there are bloggers making a lot from other ways.
I know of bloggers that 90% of their blog income comes from ads and the remaining 10% maybe affiliate marketing. The secret is they might not tell you, probably ’cause they want to sell something else. Talking about secrets you might want to read this: Secret blogging tips: for new bloggers
Therefore monetizing your blog means putting products of monetary value to you on your blog and it could be done in many ways.
Second step to monetizing you blog
Is to choose a niche and stick with it. Choosing a niche is not a challenge because you can easily pick one that you find interesting or have some experience. However sticking to that niche is a challenge for every blogger because staying focus is not an easy task.
If you are on platforms like pinterest, it is quite glaring that the most trending pins are all about blogging then fashion. You could be tempted to switch it up a little, it’s okay to read about blogging to improve your blog but try your best to stay focus.
The good news I have for you is every niche can be monetized, all you have to do is learn what way works best for your niche. If you want to go for a niche you have no idea how to monetize drop a comment I will gladly tell you how.
Sticking to a niche make you better at it thereby increasing your chances of making more money with that niche.
Third step to monetizing your blog
Know how to go about it. It is very easy once you learn some few things. I will share with you what I know works. Seat tight and absorb it
So they say start putting affiliate links from the word go, yes it is a good idea but what they aren’t telling you is the type of content that could actually make you money. You could read 5 blunt truths about blogging no one tells you
Just writing about a beautiful product is not good enough or recommending what you use that is necessary won’t make you money.
However what will make people buy that product is if you tell them how to use it or show them how it worked for you in achieving a certain thing.
Next time when you want people to sign up for amazon affiliate through you, show them how it works and how they could make money from it like you do. Showing proves makes your persuasion easy.
Fourth step to monetizing your blog lies in your niche.
At this point I’ll give you hints on how to go about the few niches in my head but if I don’t mention what your blog is all about drop a comment with your question and I promise to answer it.
A list of niches and how to make money from them
- healthy living: This one is broad, from diet, to weight loss, to fitness and health itself. Even yoga can be found here. You could sign up to affiliate networks that have a variety of products from what I listed and promote. So you understand affiliate networks gives you access to a lot of affiliate programs. Instead of finding companies one after another, you can just find one good network and get access to all its affiliate program.
- yoga: Apart from you telling people how to go about yoga. You can create premium membership for your subscribers where they get online yoga videos from you. Let’s call it online yoga classes. Meaning you are coaching your subscribers from the comfort of your home and you are getting paid for that.
- book review: I am a book lover and I’ve read a lot of them. However I rather stick to reading than reviewing but I guess we are all not the same. Some of is want others to know about our opinion regarding a particular book. I assume you follow up your favorite authors and know when a book is yet to be launched. Being the one with such breaking news will gain you traffic already. Then also make sure as soon as the book is out you have it available on your blog through affiliate programs like amazon. Who told you blogging was a piece of cake ha!.
- movie review/ critic: Almost the same applies for movies as books. Ask Netflix if they have an affiliate program. So that the next time you talking about a movie from them and someone wants to become a paid viewer. They will go through you and you get some commission.
- lifestyle: Is you talking about everything you got going for yourself and you thing could be of help to someone. Frugal, travelling, fashion, income, mom, single mom, DIY, single, married, bachelor, debt free, broke like me, weight struggles, spending, budgeting. Like you can tell it all when your niche focus on lifestyle. You can become a life coach for the things you had success with and get paid. Or sell crafts you made if you focus on DIY. If you want to promote what you sell on your blog then you need a shop I recommend shopify for your online shop.
- finance: Write ebooks on how people can manage their finances and sell them. If people can buy books in stores talking about money and finance. What makes you think they won’t buy your book online. Just make sure it is great and publicizes it like your life depends on it. Well if not your life, your time deserves some reward. Your blog is to get people familiar with how great you are through your content.
- business: Maybe you don’t know, but people do pay people to make a great business plan for them. So if you are good at that, you can put your service on your blog and let readers know you can help them out with what you are teaching them.
- photography: I love photography, not like there are no competition out there but it one of the easiest. You could sell your own images on your blog.
- online marketing: Some times all you need to be an online marketer is a free course on google that teaches you all. Sounds funny but it is true. And when you are done with the courses, put yourself out there and see if someone won’t pay you to grow their business online.
- graphics and design: Stencil and picmonkey have great affiliate programs. Since you are great with images and designs show people how to create great images and see if they don’t get you more money in your bank account.
- fashion: Straight to the point with this one. Gain a lot of followers on social media and the seconds someone ask you where to get your outfit point them to your bio. Just make cool cash looking good.
- social media: When it come to social media, affiliate programs are the best. For instance you use tailwind on pinterest for scheduling your post. Tailwind have an affiliate program. Sign up for it recommend it to your followers and make some cash.
- religion: Being a part of amazon associates is probably what you need here. You could recommend christian books from renowned writers and even DVDs. When purchase are made you get more money in the bank.
I probably mentioned the popular ones, well they were the ones that popped into my mind. Drop a comment and I will respond ASAP if your niche wasn’t mentioned.
And this are my simple steps to monetizing your blog.
Now that we have the steps out of the way. I have four easy ways you can monetize your blog even if you just started yesterday.
4 Easy Ways to Monetize your New Blog
- Give a freebie. Yes! freebies are the fastest ways to grow an email list and with your email list you could be making a lot of money. Never mind your free beginning set your eyes on your paid future.
- Build an email list I bet you saw this coming. Read this new blog post to know how I did it and how you too can.
- Sell products directly in your post or to your email list.
- Have premium membership on your blog. When people love your content they will pay to read some of your contents. Big money is good however the little ones makes up the big ones.